Florence Foursquare Church Statement of Faith
1. We believe there is one God, who is perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him will be saved. He arose from the dead and is now at the right hand of God as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom.
3. We believe the Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.
4. We believe the Old and New Testaments, that was inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They represent the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
5. We believe man was originally created in the image and likeness of God: he fell through disobedience, deserving both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of Jesus Christ. The unbelieving will exist forever in conscious torment; and the believer will share everlasting joy and bliss with Christ.
6. We believe salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all people and those who repent (turn away from sin), are baptized in water through immersion in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost -Jesus. (See John 3:16 and Acts 2:38.) And, we believe salvation comes with the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance and therefore believers receive the gift of eternal life, becoming the children of God.
7. We believe it is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world, and fully dedicated to the will of God, in so doing receiving power for holy living and effective service.
8. We believe the Church consists of all those who believe on Jesus Christ, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world preaching the Gospel to all nations.
9. We believe there will be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the just, a resurrection unto life; for the unjust, a resurrection unto judgment.
10. We believe the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal, visible, and premillennial. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.
If you have any questions about what we believe, please call our church at 541-997-6337.